Your Cricut Metallic Advent Bags
Create a different countdown to Christmas by making some stylish advent bags, adding numbers cut from foil iron-on using the Cricut Explore and its online software, Design Space. You can use any Cricut font or one stored on your device. This project shows how to attach the font inside a circle to create a cut out. Change the colours of the foil iron-on to fit with your chosen festive colour scheme.
You can use Cricut iron-on vinyls instead of the foil iron-on; available in Lite or Glitter format.
1. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore machine. Select ‘Create a new project’ then click ‘text’. Type the numbers 1 to 24. Select the font required: this project used All Mixed Up font.
2. With the numbers highlighted, isolate or ‘ungroup to letters’. This will allow each number to be individually attached to a circle image.
3. Select a circle from shapes and size it to fit the linen bag. Duplicate the circle. Position one number on to the circle and ‘attach’ it. Repeat for 23 other circles with the remaining numbers.
4. Make sure the ‘mirror image’ box is checked in the preview screen for each mat.Cut the images from the foil iron-on.
Use the Vinyl Applicator Tool to apply the foil iron-on vinyl to the cutting mat to ensure there are no air bubbles.
5. Carefully remove the unwanted foil iron-on using the weeder tool. Cut through the backing sheet to separate each circle and its number.
6. Follow the instructions on the Foil Iron-on packaging to apply the images to the linen bags using an iron and press cloth.
7. Fill with treats, challenges or forfeits and hang up.