Your Cricut Explore: Upcycled Wall Art
Adorn your craft space with handmade upcycled wall art in all the colours of the rainbow with this colourful make. The Explore Air 2 is Cricut’s fastest cutting machine yet, and with a helping hand from Design Space, you’ll have this hanging in pride of place in next to no time!
- Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore machine. In the images, search for and select ‘Sleepover’. Click ‘Insert Images’.
2. In the layers panel on the right-hand side of the screen. Hide the light pink layer, then resize the image as desired. Once cut trim ‘over’ away from ‘sleep’.
3. Add a text box and type in the word “Eat”, select your favourite font from the drop down menu, and resize as desired.
4. Repeat step three for the word “Repeat”.
5. Select the images button in the left-hand toolbar. Search for and select ‘craft’. Click ‘Make It’. Resize as desired – the scissors part of the design will be trimmed away once cut out.
6. Once happy with the size of each of the words, select “Make it” from the top right-hand corner and follow the on-screen prompts to create each of the words in your chosen colours of cardstock.
7. Once all of the words have been cut, apply foam pads to the reverse of each letter and adhere to the wood off-cut.
8. To create the tassel fringing at the bottom of the wooden panel. Take a sheet of tissue paper and fold in half along one of the short edges. Cut along the fold line.
9. Place one of the halve to one side. Take the remaining half and fold in half along the short edge. Place on top of a cutting mat with the fold positioned towards the top of the mat. Using a sharp pair of scissors, cut 1cm slits into the paper along the entire length, making sure to stop cutting 2cm away from the folded edge. Repeat with as many colours of tissue paper as you like.
10. Trim the tissue paper to the same with as your wood off-cut. Layer each of the pieces on top of each other, securing each layer in place to the one below it, with double-sided tape.
11. Once happy with the composition, secure to the base of the wood off-cut with a glue gun.