Your Cricut Explore Geometric Necklace and Earrings
Jewellery to DIY for! Add glamour to an outfit using faux leather or cardstock to create this stunning geometric necklace and matching earrings using the Cricut Explore and its online software, Design Space.
NOTE: The term ‘Cricut Explore’ refers to all the Explore machines: Explore, Explore Air, Explore Air 2 and Explore One.
- Cricut Explore/Maker machine »
- Cricut Design Space online software on PC/Mac/iPad/iPhone »
- 12 x 12” Standard grip cutting mat »
- Cricut Pebbled Faux Leather – Copper »
- Cricut Basic Tool Set »
- Cricut XL Applicator tool »
- Cricut Papercrafting Tool Set »
- Gold chain (length as desired) »
- Pair of Earring Hooks »
- Jump rings x 4 »
NOTE: This project uses three layers of faux leather instead of ten layers of cardstock, as designed in the original project.
- Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore / Maker machine. In the projects, search for and select ‘Geometric Necklace & Earrings’. Click ‘customise’.Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore / Maker machine. In the projects, search for and select ‘Geometric Necklace & Earrings’. Click ‘customise’.
2. This project makes a necklace measuring 5.5” (w) x 2.8” (h) (14cm x 7cm) and earrings measuring 1” (w) x 3.1” (h) (2.5cm x 7.9cm). Delete or hide images until only three remain for each of the necklace and earring images. Making sure the remaining images are grouped, resize as required.
3. Cut the images from faux leather.TIP: Place the faux leather front side down on to the cutting mat and mirror image the images. This will minimise any marks from the machine rollers.Use the XL applicator tool to apply the faux leather to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
4. Remove the cut images from the cutting mat using the spatula. Glue the layers together using fabric glue.
5. Use the piercer tool to create a small hole at either end of the necklace and the top of the earrings; pressing into the piercing mat.
6. Add jump rings through the holes. Add the desired length of chain to the jump rings of the necklace and earring hooks to those on the earrings. Close all the jump rings securely using the pliers.