Your Cricut Explore Fabric Bunting
Bunting makes any occasion fun and festive! It can be made from different resources in a variety of shapes and sizes using the Cricut Explore machine and Design Space software. Cut letters and numbers out to personalise your event.
This project makes mini bunting from cotton fabric: ideal for decorations at Weddings and parties.
1. Cut the fabric into pieces no greater than 11 by 11 inches (28 centimetres by 28 cenitmetres). Stabilise the fabric with the iron-on material. Apply the stabilised fabric to the cutting mat.
Top tip!…Use the Cricut scraper to apply the fabric to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
2. Log on to your Design Space account and connect the Cricut Explore to the pc/laptop/Mac. Open a new blank canvas. Click on ‘Insert images’ and search and locate a ‘diamond’; this project used the free diamond #M369883.
3. Resize the diamond: 2 by 3 inches. Copy and paste the image four times. On the cut preview screen, enter the required number of projects to create the bunting.
NOTE: each pennant requires two diamonds so double the quantity required.
4. Cut the diamonds from the stabilised fabric.
Top Tip!…Use the spatula to lift the shapes from the mat to minimise damage to both the mat and shape.
5. Glue the diamonds together, back-to-back, using fabric glue and allow to dry.
6. For each diamond pair, turn down one point and sew into pace using a mini button, needle and thread.
7. Pass thin ribbon through the diamond loops. Space the diamonds apart and tie small lengths of organza ribbon between them.