Your Cricut Explore Craft Room Sign
Make a personalised sign for your craft room in any font from Cricut vinyl using the Cricut Explore and its online software, Design Space. Change the colours to coordinate your room’s colour theme.
Note: The term ‘Cricut Explore’ refers to all the Explore machines: Explore, Explore Air, Explore Air 2 and Explore One.
1. Paint the wooden plaque with milk paint and allow to dry.
2. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone, log on to your Design Space account and make sure you are connected to your Explore machine. Open a new project and create a text box ‘Amy’s Craft Haven’. Select the font required: this project used Winter Woodland font.
3. Resize the font to fit the wooden sign.
4. Cut the image from vinyl.
Use the scraper tool to apply the vinyl to the cutting mat to ensure good contact.
5. Carefully remove the unwanted vinyl using the weeder tool.
6. Use transfer tape to position the vinyl wording on to the wooden plaque following the instructions on the packaging.
Use the scraper tool to rub over the vinyl once positioned to ensure good contact.
If you don’t want to personalise it with a name, why not go for a funny craft quote instead?