Your Cricut Explore Concertina House Card
As well as making a great Christmas card, this concertina house papercut scene would also create a stunning luminary, simply place on your mantle piece or shelf with a few LED tealights behind it and the jobs a good ‘un.
The buildings can be easily changed to mimic your own street, simply use the Hide Contour Tool within Design Space™ – the online software used in conjunction with your Cricut Explore Air /Air 2 / Maker™ to create the project.
1. Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone/Android device, log on to your Design Space™ account and make sure you are connected to your Explore Air™/Air 2™/Maker™ machine. Open a new project. Search for ‘Village’ within the image library and select the ‘town’ image.
2. Resize the image as desired.
3. Change the colour of the buildings with windows so that they are all the same: white. Change the colour of the background buildings as desired according to the vellum colours being used.
4. Cut the buildings from white cardstock trimmed to 12 x 12″, inserting the scoring stylus into the accessory port A when prompted.
Top Tip: Use the scraper tool to apply the materials to the cutting mat.
5. Carefully remove each cut image from the cutting mat. Use the silicon side of the scraper tool to carefully crease the buildings’ tab.
6. Glue the buildings together, cutting away the tab from the one at the right end of the line with scissors. Allow to dry before bending the building line.