Your Cricut Explore Christmas Jumper Card
Create beautiful festive cards for your loved ones using your Cricut machine and the Design Space app. This Christmas jumper design will be sure to put a smile on the lucky recipients face, and the design can be easily personalised using different coloured cardstocks, all you need to do is cut and stick.
- Using a laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone/Android device, log on to your Design Space™ account and make sure you are connected to your Cricut Explore™ / Maker™ machine. In the home screen type ‘Christmas Jumper’ into the search bar at the top of the screen and select the below design –
2. Select ‘Customise’ from the project pop-up.
3. Select ‘Images’ from the toolbar at the bottom of the canvas.
4. Type ‘A Very Merry Christmas’ into the search bar at the top of the screen, and select the below image –
5. Next, type ‘square’ into the search bar at the top of the screen, and select the below image –
6. Type ‘rectangle’ into the search bar at the top of the screen, and select the below image. Once selected, click ‘Insert’ from the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
7. Select the rectangle on the canvas and re-size to 29cm wide by 14.5cm high; to do this, select ‘Edit’ from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and amend the dimensions in the width and height box, making sure that the padlock is unlocked.
Top tip: To check whether you’re working in inches or cm’s click on the settings button at the bottom of the screen and ensure the slider is green on the ‘Metric Units’ option.
8. Select ‘Shapes’ from the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and insert a line. With the line selected, click on the ‘Edit’ button at the bottom of the screen and amend the height to 14.5cm.
9. Re-position the score line and align centrally on the rectangle. Drag a selection box over the entire image and select ‘Attach’ from the ‘Actions’ menu.
10. Select the rectangle and re-size to 13.5cm square.
11. Drag a selection box over the Christmas jumper and re-size to 10cm wide, ensure that the padlock is locked when size is adjusted so that the images re-sizes proportionately.
12. Separate each of the jumper layers so that you can see them all on your canvas. Select the red layer and replicate it using the ‘Duplicate’ function from the ‘Actions’ menu.
13. Position the duplicated image over the top of the square, centered horizontally but positioned more towards the top of the square. Drag a selection box over the square and jumper, and select ‘Slice’ from the ‘Actions’ menu.
15. Select the yellow square and move to one side. You should then be left with a yellow jumper, select this and delete using the red cross.
16. Select the greeting and ‘Attach’ the image using the function from the ‘Actions’ menu.
17. Re-size the greeting to 7cm wide, again ensuring that the padlock is locked when size is adjusted so that the images re-sizes proportionately.
18. Select ‘Make it’ from the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions to cut each of the pieces, inserting the scoring tool into port A when directed to.
19. To construct, fold the rectangle in half along the score line, this will be you card blank base. Adhere the square panel centrally on top using a glue pen to ensure all of the smallest sections are secure. Add the remaining pieces once again using a glue pen.
20. To complete, add the greeting to the bottom of the card.