XStitch – The Game-Changing Cross Stitch Magazine!
Hi! Mr X Stitch here, your friendly neighbourhood Kingpin of Contemporary Embroidery and I’m thrilled to introduce you to XStitch, the game-changing cross stitch magazine that sets a new standard for nifty needlecraft printed pattern publications!
XStitch is a cross stitch magazine but with a new attitude. Each issue is themed and features a diverse collection of patterns from some of the freshest, most exciting designers in the industry. The first issue, which is on sale at Hobbycraft now, is the end product of a successful crowdfunding campaign which was supported by hundreds of cross stitch fans from around the world. The theme is Revolution and it includes 20 designs that are all reflections of that theme. Want a teaser? Let’s go!
The cover image is a mindbending optical illusion pattern by Ann’s Orchard! And from there it’s a dive into a stellar list of your favourite designers including:
- Emily Peacock, whose casino-inspired design is a clear sign of things to come.
- Maria Diaz, whose Crewel Tattoo design includes both Jacobean flowers and barbed wire!
- Jane Greenoff reminds us that the more things change, the more they stay the same!
- And Floss & Mischief gives us a mindfulness mandala to produce inner peace!
As well as big names, we’ve got loads of emerging talent in each issue and in our first issue we welcomed, among others:
- Tom Katsumi, whose Sewtrope can be used to make actual animated cross stitch!
- Lord Libidan who gave us a Saturn V blueprint to appeal to the space nut in your life!
- 8 Bit Stitch combines colour and attitude to produce a powerfully passionate pattern!
But it’s not just a magazine packed with modern designs that you’ll want to stitch, we’ve got interesting article you’ll want to read as well!
- An interview with Theo Humphries aka Crapestry, who hacks needlepoint cushion covers with dramatic effect!
- Find out about the stitchers who are dominating the online world of Twitch.TV
- Learn what Craftivism pioneer Betsy Greer thinks about the power of stitching!
And we’ve got book reviews, help and advice, tool tips and so much more!
Trust me dear readers, XStitch is unlike any other cross stitch magazine on the market and with a limited edition print run for each issue, you’ll want to get them while you can. Because when they’re gone, they’re gone!
Are you ready to join the XStitch Revolution? Better run to your nearest Hobbycraft store then! The come and find XStitchmag on all the usual social media channels and let us know what you think!
Happy stitching y’all!