How to Make Vintage Teacup Candles
Vintage teacups are the perfect vessel in which to house a candle! Whether for your vintage themed wedding, or home decor for yourself or a friend, this quick make will be the star of the show. Follow the tutorial below to find out how to make your own.
A selection of vintage teacups and saucers
Newspaper to protect your work surface
- Make sure your teacups are clean and dry.
- Prepare the wicks by placing in the middle of the cup and use the skewer by resting on top of the cup, then twist the wick around the skewer to hold in place.
- Place some wax chips into the glass jug, approximately two handfuls per candle.
- Melt the wax on a high heat in the microwave until fully melted or 180ºF, then add the dye. Remove and use the thermometer to check the temperature; when cooled to 140ºF add the scent.
- Pour the melted wax carefully into the cups, almost to the top, keeping some aside to top up the candles later. Allow the wax to cool in the cups for approx. an hour then make a number of small holes around the wick to let the air out. Re-melt the wax in the glass jar then top up.
- Light and enjoy!