Vintage Teacup Candles
How to Make Vintage Teacup Candles
If you’ve never made candles before, these quick and easy vintage teacup candles are the perfect first project. Plus, they’re sure to brighten up any home and make an excellent gift for Christmas!
You will need :
- A selection of vintage teacups and saucers
- Microwaveable soy wax
- Candle dye block
- Christmas scent
- Pre-waxed wire wick and clip
- Bamboo skewers or lollipop sticks
- Glass pouring jug
- Wooden spoon
- Newspaper to protect your work surface.
How to Make
- Make sure your teacups are clean and dry.
- Prepare the wicks by placing in the middle of the cup and use the skewer by resting on top of the cup, then twist the wick around the skewer to hold in place.
- Place some wax chips into the glass jug, approximately two handfuls per candle.
- Melt the wax on a high heat in the microwave until fully melted or 180ºF, then add the dye. Remove and use the thermometer to check the temperature; when cooled to 140ºF add the scent.
- Pour the melted wax carefully into the cups, almost to the top, keeping some aside to top up the candles later. Allow the wax to cool in the cups for approx. an hour then make a number of small holes around the wick to let the air out. Re-melt the wax in the glass jar then top up.
- Light and enjoy!