Three Die-cut Christmas Cards for Beginners
If this year is your first making all of your Christmas cards, these super-simple (yet effective) designs are a must! All you need is some coloured cardstock, a couple of sentiment toppers and your adhesive of choice and you’ll have all of your cards done and dusted in next to no time.
Merry Christmas Holly Card
1. Trim a white square card blank down to 12.5cm square then layer green textured cardstock on top that’s trimmed slightly smaller. Trim red textured cardstock 11.5cm square then adhere on top.
2. Trim white textured cardstock to 11cm square then adhere on top of the layers built up in step one.
3. Die-cut the ‘Merry Christmas’ sentiment from champagne gold glitter cardstock, then adhere (with foam pads) towards the top of the white cardstock.
4. Die-cut three sprigs of holly from green card and berries from red textured cardstock. Die-cut three additional leaves. Construct the sprigs using a glue pen to secure each layer in place. Add the extra leaves in the centre of each sprig, then secure to the card base with foam pads.
5. Attach the holly sprigs under the sentiment to finish.
Die-cut Scandi Tree Card
1. Cover the front of a white 5 x 7” card blank with dark grey textured cardstock, trim the panel slightly smaller than the card blank so there’s a small white border around it once adhered.
2. Die cut the Christmas Tree from green cardstock then adhere to the card front (using a glue pen), towards the top.
3. Die-cut the tree four more times. Cut one from dark green card, the second from white card, the third from dark blue textured cardstock and the fourth from champagne glitter card.
4. Trim away (fussy-cut) the baubles from the white tree die-cut then adhere on top of the baubles of the tree placed on the card in step two.
5. Repeat step four with the dark green and blue cardstock, fussy-cutting foliage elements from these die-cuts.
6. Trim away the stars and tree base from the champagne glitter card and adhere in place with a glue pen.
7. Attach the wooden topper centrally underneath the completed tree to finish the card design.
Die-cut Layered Christmas Tree Card
1. Trim the front of a blue card blank down to 8.5 x 12.5cm then attach to the front of another blue card with foam pads.
2. Die-cut two trees, one in grey textured cardstock and another in white textured cardstock.
3. Die-cut baubles in red, blue and grey textured cardstock then adhere across the white tree. Add a star outline sticker to the top of the white tree.
4. Adhere the grey die-cut tree to the card front. Attach the white tree next to it, slightly overlapping it with foam pads.
5. Add a gold outline sticker sentiment underneath to finish.