How to Make a Teapot and Mouse Brooch
This cute mouse brooch would make a great gift for anyone. Made from a few sheets of fabric and some toy stuffing you don’t even need a sewing machine to complete this project, as you can sew it the entire project by hand.
1. Iron on the fusible web and cut out the teapot pattern pieces, ironing them in turn on to some of the grey felt. Cut out.
2. Cut out the mouse pattern pieces and sew the edges with a plain or blanket stitch using three strands of the embroidery thread.
3. Don’t forget to add the tail (knot on the inside of the body to secure) and leave a small opening to allow for the stuffing.
4. Stitch the mouse closed.
5. Add two small fabric ears, and two beads for eyes.
6. Finally use the grey thread to stitch the mouse to the teapot and the brooch bar to the reverse.