Painted Tree Advent Calendar Project
Festive crafts don’t have to be all red, green and gold. This painted tree advent calendar is painted in bright, neon colours to give your Christmas an extra pop!
It’s a great alternative idea for teens or anyone else that wants to break from tradition and is so simple to make too. Get the whole family involved with advent craft this year and begin the Christmas countdown!
Project with thanks to Debbie Thorne
Suitable for : Beginners
Time to Make : Two hours
- Paint Brush
1. To start, remove the drawers from the advent to make painting the main body easier.
2. Paint the sides of the advent yellow.
3. Paint the drawer fronts and front of the advent grey.
4. Leave to dry and then paint star shapes in pink on a few of the drawers. Paint the wooden star that goes on the top of the tree in pink as well.
5. Lay the advent flat and glue the buttons, star and poms in place.
Top Tip!…Trim the backs of the poms before gluing in place for a flusher fit.
6. Once everything is completely dry, pop all the drawers back into place and fill with your chosen treats.