How to Make a Wine Box
Give a little something extra with this charming wine box – filled with a favourite tipple it makes a thoughtful gift for all kinds of occasions and can be decorated to suit your recipient. Add patterned paper panels, ribbon, charms, a tag or flowers for that personal touch to make someone’s day.
How to Make a Wine Box
You will need
- Crafter’s Companion Big Score A3 scoring board
- For the base: a sheet of A3 cardstock with 1 inch cut from the length
- For the lid: a sheet of A3 cardstock with 1 inch cut from the length and 3.5 inch cut from the width
- For the liner: a sheet of A3 cardstock with 2 inches cut from the length
How to make
1. With the short edge against the rest on the Box Lid side of the Big Score board, score the 3.25 inch, 6.5 inch and 9.75 inch lines.
2. Fold the last score and butt the crease against the rest on the board. Score 3.25 inch again.
3. Rotate the card 90 degrees and score at 3.25 inches to make the base of the box.
4. Trim all joints at an angle apart from one, leaving it square to neatly finish the base.
5. Glue the box together using Collall Tacky glue.
6. To make the lid, score on the Box Base side of the Big Score board. Place the short edge against the rest and score at 3.25 inches.
7. Crease and burnish this score line and butt the crease against the rest. Score the 3.25 inch line a second time. Repeat this process a third, then a fourth time, butting the previous score against the rest on the board each time.
8. Rotate the card 90 degrees and score 3.25 inches along the long edge.
9. Trim out the intersections in the same way as the base, leaving one square whole. Again, stand the bottle inside as the glue dries.
10. The lid will now fit the box base perfectly, however it will slide down too low to fit a bottle. A liner needs to go inside the base to prevent this from happening.
11. Take the piece of card that has been cut to size for the liner, and butt the edge against the rest on the Box Base side of the board. Score the 3 1/8 inch line.
12. Crease and burnish this score line, butt the crease up against the rest on the board and score 3 1/8 inches again. Repeat this process a third and a fourth time.
13. Glue the liner inside the box base.
14. You can now decorate the finished box!
Even More Inspiration . . .
Why not try your hand at creating a gift box using the Big Score. Perfect for housing indulgent sweet treats for that special someone!