How To Make a Wedding Guest Book
If you’re getting married this year or know someone who is, then get wedding crafting with this pretty guest book. This beautiful book can be passed around on the big day to be filled with all those treasured well-wishes and memories.
Alternatively, if you’re the guest, why not make this book, fill it with photos and give as a gift after the occasion to the newly-weds to remember their day?
How To Make a Wedding Guest Book
- Craft Planet Mini Pegs
- Papermania Petal Posy White Rose
- Papermania Tissue Paper
- Bare Basics Canvas Shape Heart
- Bare Basics Canvas Shape With Eyelet
- Bare Basics Hessian Squares
- Bare Basics Jute Ribbon
- Capsule Eau De Nil 12 x 12″ Paper Pack
- Capsule Eau De Nil Adhesive Crochet Border
- Capsule Eau De Nil Big Bloomers
- Capsule Eau De Nil Die-cut Notelets
- Capsule Eau De Nil Fabric Tape
- Capsule Eau De Nil Jumbo Crochet Trim
- Capsule Eau De Nil Lace Paper
- Capsule Eau De Nil Pin Wheels
- Capsule Eau De Nil Pleated Fabric Trim
- Capsule Eau De Nil Ribbon
- Madame Payraud Mini Alphabet Stickers
- Xcut Palm Punch Traditional Heart
- Xcut Doily Die
How To Make
- Cut a panel of Eau de Nil paper slightly smaller than the book cover. Tear a panel of book print patterned tissue paper, slightly smaller again, and ink the edges of both papers with a brown ink pad. Layer the papers to the book.
- Trim a piece of hessian, again smaller in size, and fray the edges. Apply to the album with double-sided tape.
- Take the largest and two smallest rectangle parenthesis nesting dies and ink the cutting sides with brown ink. Use each inked die to die cut Eau de Nil paper, using craft tape to secure the die in place when cutting to avoid it slipping. This will achieve a neat inked border on each of the die-cut shapes. Put the shapes to one side.
- Take a notelet tag and apply a small strip of fabric tape to the top. Add a punched kraft cardstock circle to the tape and top with a shimmer dome sticker, as shown. Apply some crochet border to the bottom of the tag on the reverse.
- Layer the largest parenthesis shape just off centre to the left of the cover and top with a piece of circular lace paper. Attach the tag to the left of the parenthesis. Die cut a doily from tissue paper and layer with a circular notelet. Attach to the centre of the parenthesis.
- Take the second smallest parenthesis shape and secure to the cover, aligning with the right of the lace paper. Add a canvas heart to the left at a jaunty angle. Position the smallest parenthesis in the centre of the previous die-cut.
- Wrap pleated fabric trim around the front cover of the album and jute ribbon around the album as a whole, tying with a bow to secure. Tie on a button with a strand of frayed hessian.
- Die cut eight tissue paper butterflies and one from patterned paper using an inked die as before. Layer together, only attaching the bodies, and secure to the top of the canvas heart with a mini peg. Add a paper posy rose to decorate.
- Punch three medium hearts from kraft cardstock and two small hearts from Eau de Nil paper and apply along the bottom of the tag notelet. Layer two big bloomers together, top with a pin wheel and attach to the bottom of the album. Add letter stickers to spell ‘Our Wedding’ above the pleated trim.
- Tie short lengths of ribbon, lace, fabric trim and jute ribbon in knots to the ring binders of the book for a frilly top. Add a little canvas star topped with a punched heart for additional interest. Add adhesive gems to finish.