How to Make a Wedding Gift and Card
Whether you are new to the world of die-cutting or have years of experience to call upon, The Sizzix Big Shot Plus starter kit is a perfect launch pad to expand your creative horizons. The kit offers something for everyone with its delightful assortment of contemporary dies, A4 embossing folder, quality paper packs and of course, the machine itself.
1. Die-cut four separate scalloped borders from white card and use them to decorate the frame after trimming to the required size.
2. Die-cut the leafy branch from the turquoise card in the starter kit and gently curl the tips of the leaves. Die-cut the leaf detail from white card using one of the Thinlits dies before mounting each one in place.
3. Die-cut all the floral elements from the paper pack provided with the starter kit, mount them together using adhesive foam pads where appropriate to add a little dimension. Attach the assembled leaves to the frame before mounting the assembled flower. Decorate the centre of the flower with a large adhesive gem.
Even More Inspiration!
Elegant wedding cards or invites are so easy to create with the help of the Big Shot Plus starter kit but why stop there? Use the same elements to create the order of service, menus, favour boxes, place settings, napkin rings and even centre pieces. Whatever the style or theme you choose the Big Shot plus is equal to the challenge.
You will need
- Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit
- Cream ribbon
- White card
- Wedding Creations Clover Leaves in silver and white
- Paula Pascual clear sentiment stamps
- Adhesive foam pads
- Corner Punch
How to make
1. Cut an 11 by 4 centimetre rectangle of white card and round off the bottom corners with a punch. Add a 4 by 6 centimetre rectangle of the coral coloured card from the starter kit pack to the top and stamp your sentiment in the bottom left hand corner using grey ink.
2. Fold a 9 by 15 centimere white base card and slide the front into the starter kit embossing folder prior to running through the Big Shot Plus machine.
3. Die-cut the scalloped heart from cream card and the plain heart from white card. Matt them together using adhesive foam pads placing the wired pearl embellishment in between the layers. Tie a length of the cream ribbon into a bow and apply to the front of the hearts before mounting the assembled rectangle followed by the assembled hearts onto the face of the embossed base card.