How to Make Temporary Tattoo Easter Eggs
There are a million and one different ways to decorate eggs, but if you’re looking for something a little bit different then you have to try your hand at these eggs that use metallic temporary tattoos and craft paint to decorate them.
They’re really quick and simple to make, perfect for beginners, and look absolutely stunning once finished. I’ve decided to use twine to hang mine with but you could use ribbon, or even thread beads onto the twine, the possibilities are endless!
1. Start by painting your egg with the craft acrylic. If you prefer you can leave your egg plain, I painted half of mine in the pack and left the other half plain.
2. Leave to dry.
3. Cut out the tattoo you would like to use on your egg.
4. Remove the plastic film and then position on the egg with the design facing down.
5. Using a paintbrush, apply water over the tattoo paper, holding in place with your thumb.
6. Carefully remove the paper, leaving the tattoo transfer on the surface of the egg.
If there are any parts of the transfer that haven’t quite stuck to the egg use your paintbrush to secure it.
7. Thread twine through the metal loop on the top of the egg and secure both ends together with a knot.