How to Make a Spectacular Easter Bonnet
Get Springy with this spectacular Easter bonnet and use pipe cleaners to send these tiny critters sky high! There is a huge selection of Easter toppers to chose from to decorate your bonnets to the max. A great value craft for all the family.
- Using the green Fab Foam, cut out the grass as shown in the picture. Do this with three A5 sheets, then trim about 3cm off of the long edge of two more foam sheets and cut some shorter grass out in the same way.
- Using a glue gun, apply glue to the bottom edge of the grass and stick around the crown of the hat. You will need to trim the third piece to fit in the remaining gap. Use the glue gun to stick the blades on further higher up as shown. Apply a second layer of grass over the top of the first, trying to make the grass blades fit into the gaps of the first layer of grass.
- Add the smaller layer of grass on top of the other two. Curl the blades outwards using a pencil.
- Select your pipe cleaner colours. Twist the pipe cleaners around something (I used a long paint brush). You will need twelve of these altogether. At the bottom end of the twisted pipe cleaner you will need to bend the pipe cleaner around into a circle to help attach to the hat.
- Glue six pipe cleaners around the crown of the hat about 5cm in from the edge, then six more inside these.
- Push eggs onto the outside set of pipe cleaners and then add embellishments of your choice to the inside set using a glue gun.
- Twist three pipe cleaners together leaving about 3cm free to make a tripod at the bottom.Glue this to the very middle of the crown of the hat and add a larger embellishment of your choice to the top.
- Glue shredded green tissue paper to the crown of the hat to hide the bottom of the pipe cleaners using PVA glue.
- Glue a ring of eggs onto the crown where the crown meets the grass using the glue gun..
- Glue shredded tissue paper to the brim of the hat.
- Add embellishments of your choice around the bottom of the crown. I used rabbits, felt eggs and chicks.
- On the edge of the brim, glue eggs and daisies alternately.
We’re always keen to see your crafts, so tag us @hobbycrafthq on Instagram, or @hobbycraft on Twitter using the #MakeItSpring hashtag.