How to Make a Snowstorm Die Cut Card
I’m back with another Christmas creation using my Festive Wonder collection from my Signature Collection that’s brand new to the website.
To launch my new collection I’m going to be visiting four Hobbycraft stores this weekend – Bristol and Reading on Saturday, and Bournemouth and Southampton on Sunday.
I’m really looking forward to it as it’s going to be an action-packed weekend with lots of demos from my team plus competitions, special offers and exclusive free gifts. There are also demos happening in the Havant, Watford, High Wycombe and Yeovil stores across the weekend.
Anyone who registers before the demo days and brings along the voucher emailed to them will receive an exclusive free gift of a Signature Collection stamp set. Register for a Crafter’s Companion demo day.
On to my festive make though… this is a really quick yet effective card to make, perfect when you’ve either got lots of card to make or if you’re short on time. You can adapt this card really easily by using different patterned papers and then switching out the ribbon and matting cardstock to tie in with the change of paper. I really hope you like it!
- White A5 Card Blank »
- Signature Collection Festive Wonder 6 x 6in Paper Pad »
- Signature Collection Festive Wonder Snowflake Trio Dies »
- Signature Collection Festive Wonder Christmas Wishes A6 Stamp Set »
- Sheena Douglass stamping card
- Dark Green Cardstock »
- Collall 3D Glue Gel
- Green Satin Ribbon and Bow »
- Crafter’s Companion Tape Pen »
- Black Inkpad »
- Adhere a matt of dark green cardstock to the front of a white A5 card blank, leaving a narrow border around the edges.
- Cut a panel of white stamping card to fit the A5 card front and die-cut snowflakes from the top-right corner, ensuring some overlap the edges of the panel.
- Trim your chosen pattern from the paper pad to fit your A5 card blank. Mount the die-cut panel in the centre. Wrap a piece of green ribbon around the bottom third of the panel and affix to the card front.
- Use plain glue and 3D glue gel to affix the die-cut snowflakes onto the card front.
- Stamp your sentiment onto white stamping card, cut around the edges and attach to the bottom-left of the card along with a green satin ribbon bow.
Some find it easier to follow a video when they’re re-creating a card, so that they can stop, pause, rewind etc and craft along. If you’re like this and you’d prefer watching a video tutorial for the above card you can watch it now in the clip below…