How to Make a Pom Pom Bag Charm
I do love a pom pom or two – and pom pom bag charms are everywhere at the moment for the Summer – with fashion houses such as Fendi (worn by model Cara Delevingne, opposite) having designed their own. Here’s how to make your own version that looks just as good – and won’t break the bank in the process!
1. Wrap the wool / yarn around one of the arcs (one arc is formed of two arms).
2. Continue to wrap the wool/yarn around until the arc is completely covered.
3. Repeat step one for the remaining arc.
4. Insert your scissors into the slit on the side of the machine, and cut all of the way around both arcs.
5. Insert a piece of wool/yarn into the middle of the machine and pull tight, secure in place with a knot. Make sure that the piece of wool / yarn is quite long, as this will come in handy later when attaching the pom to the key ring.
6. Gently remove the pom pom by releasing both arcs of the machine.
7. Remove the central sections by gently pulling on both sides.
8. Fluff out your pom pom and trim off any excess wool/yarn.
9. Repeat steps one to eight to make the larger pom.
10. Secure both pom poms together by making a knot in the tail threads.
11. Divide the tail threads into three sections and start to plait them until you reach your desired length. I plaited mine to roughly 10 centimetres. Secure with a knot on the end, leaving the excess wool/yarn.
12. Wrap excess wool/yarn around the key ring and secure with a knot. Trim excess wool/yarn to leave around four centimetres of excess.
The finished bag charm!