How to Make a Personalised Pyrography Gift Box
Make your Valentine’s Day special this year by making and giving a personalised gift to a special someone in your life. Why not try this project to create a pyrography photo box! Fill it with special memories and mementos, can you think of any better way to share the love?
Pyrography has been on trend recently- everyone seems to be giving this craft a go and its understandable! It’s a great craft for anyone to try, and it can be used to create so many different designs on a wide range of projects.
1. Draw a design on the lid of the box using a pencil, this can be as intricate or as simple as you want it to be. Once ready, plug in the pyrography tool and leave to heat up for 5-10 minutes.
2. Follow the outline of the design using the pyrography tool, take your time and keep an eye on how much pressure you apply as this can cause the wood to burn more or less.
Top tip! A pointed tip on the tool is great for creating finer lines with.
3. Once the basis of the design is done, start to add the rest of the design including personalised initials.
Top tip! If there is still pencil marks that you can see, use a rubber to rub them out. It will be as if you never used a pencil at all!
4. Paint the inside of the box using an acrylic paint and paintbrush. You could use a red or pink coloured hue in theme with Valentine’s Day or pick your loved ones favourite colour?
Paint a first coat and leave to completely dry. You may need to do a second or third coat depending on coverage.
5. All that is left to do now is fill your personalised pyrography photo box with precious memories and mementos.
Instax photographs would fit nicely into this little box. You could even create an accordion book to stick your photos onto!