How to Make Penguin Cupcakes
If you love penguins as much as I do, then these cute cupcakes are sure to be a hit! With two adorable designs to try out, they’re great for kids and adults alike and definitely bring a bit of Christmas cheer.
Suitable for : Beginners
Time to Make : 20 to 30 minutes per cupcake
1. Use a small palette knife to create a mound of frosting on top of your cupcake. Use the 7 centimetre round cutter to cut a circle of black icing and attach to the frosting, smoothing the icing into a dome with your hands.
2. Use the heart cutter to cut out a heart of white icing for the penguin’s face and stick to the top of the cupcake with a little water.
3. Shape the beak with orange icing and attach to the face. Use the end of a paintbrush to make small indentations for the eyes and add two tiny balls of black icing. To make the feet, shape two pea- sized balls of orange icing into triangle shapes and use a blade to make two indentations for the webbed feet. Attach the feet to the bottom of the white heart.
4. To make the bows use coloured icing to make two tiny triangles and a ball. Join these together and use the point of a blade to make indentations in the bow to give it shape and depth. Attach to the top of the penguin’s head.
5. To make the bobble hat, use the same large round cutter (7 centimetre) to cut a circle of coloured icing. Trim off a third of the circle for the hat and attach to the penguin’s head. Add a strip of icing for the brim and use a cocktail stick to mark the ribbing. Attach a small ball of icing for the bobble and use the cocktail stick to fluff it up.
The finished cupcakes, how cute do they look!