How to Make a Floral Border Card
Create this timeless, classical card using a selection of different floral dies. Follow the tutorial below, or use it as inspiration to create a modern and elegant card design of your own.
You Will Need
How to Make
- Die-cut ‘Intricut Flourish »‘ from Watercolours 6×6 Inch Paper » of your choice. Matt this to the left side of a 5.7×5.7″ sheet of white cardstock and then emboss using the Intricut Floral Border Embossing Folder ».
- Take your white pearlescent 6×6″ card blank » (or make your own) and, with the card in a tent-fold orientation, mount the embossed panel to the centre.
- Die-cut ‘Trailing Flowers »‘ from a darker Watercolours 6×6 Inch Paper » of your choice and fix towards the top-centre of the card. Make sure the bottom of the die-cut shape sits over an embossed flower head as this will be covered in the next step.
- Die-cut ‘Xcut Floral Dies »‘ from pink Watercolours 6×6 Inch Paper ». You will need eight small flowers, two medium and two large in total. Shape with your fingers and then fix onto the card, over the flower-heads in the embossed panel. Overlap the two large and the two medium-sized flowers, as shown.
- Stick a self-adhesive pearl » to the centre of each die-cut flower.
- Stamp out your ‘happy birthday’ sentiment with black ink onto white cardstock. Trim to size, ink the edges with Tattered Rose », and then matt onto more white cardstock. Trim again to leave a narrow border and then ink the edges once more with Tattered Rose. Adhere to the top-right corner of the card using Collalll glue gel ».