How to Make a Fabric Hanging Heart
Making something for your home is becoming very popular so today I’ve decided to create a simple hanging heart. These look nice around your home and it’s even a lovely homemade present for friends and family.
- Paper for template
- Needle »
1. Fuse the web to the felt, and then cut out the motif using the machine and die.
2. Place the motif onto the paper and draw a large heart – allowing 1cm seam allowance all around.
3. Fuse the motif onto the right side of the mint fabric, and stitch in place,using the contrast thread.
4. Cut a pair of hearts out, using the template, taking care that the motif is inside the seam allowance.
5. Stitch the grey ribbon onto the mint ribbon.
6. Pin the 2 hearts together, with the ribbon pinned onto the heart, as a loop, near the top
7. Stitch the hearts together, leaving a 6cm opening on one side.
8. Clip the curves, taking care not to cut the stitching, and turn right side out.
9. Stuff the heart and then slipstitch the open edges together.
10. Stitch the mint button onto the centre of the flower to complete.