How to Make Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Cupcakes are a great alternative if you don’t fancy making a whole cake, and these Easter bunny cupcakes will be sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
Choose your favourite sponge flavour to form the base of your cupcake, then top with some scrummy buttercream. Add your sugarcrafted bunny bum complete with cute fluffy tail, and a few sugar carrot decorations for good measure, then stand back and admire your handiwork!
Suitable for : Beginners to intermediates
Time to Make : 15 to 30 minutes per cupcake
1. To make the bunnies, roll a ball of white icing for the body (about the size of a Brussel sprout) and a large pea-sized ball for the tail. Stick the tail to the body with a little cooled, boiled water.
Top Tip!…Use a cocktail stick to give the tail some texture.
2. To make the feet, roll two balls each the size of a cherry, shape them both into teardrop shapes and make two indentations with a cocktail stick to make the toes.
3. Thinly roll out the pink icing and using the round plunger cutters, cut out six tiny circles and two slightly bigger circles. Attach the circles to the feet with water.
4. Colour your buttercream green and ice your cupcakes with a palette knife, smoothing the top.
Top Tip!…If your cupcakes have a dome on top then cut this off before icing with the buttercream.
5. Place the body on top of the cupcake, and surround the body with some broken biscuit crumbs to look like soil.
6. Attach the feet with a little blob of royal icing, and embellish with icing carrot decorations.
Top Tip!…You can also use chocolate strands instead of biscuit crumbs for the soil.