How to Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Everyone loves cupcakes as a tasty treat, so we’ve come up with a fun way to make this favourite snack a little more festive by arranging them as a Christmas tree.
Really simple to make- it looks almost too good to eat!
Suitable for: Beginners
Time to make : Two hours
- Ten Cupcakes
- One star-shaped biscuit
1. Use the green food colouring to colour the vanilla frosting.
2. Fit the piping bag with the open star nozzle (also called a French tip/nozzle) and fill with the green frosting. Pipe a circle of stars around the top edge of the cupcake, with one star in the middle – repeat this for rest of the cupcakes.
3. Use the smallest star cookie cutter to cut and bake a biscuit for the top of the tree. Use the same cutter to cut a star of yellow icing and attach to the biscuit with a little cooled, boiled water.
4. To make the candy canes, roll a long thin sausage of red icing and one of white, ensuring they are the same length and thickness. Twist the two together until you can twist them no more and then roll them to merge the two colours together into one thin sausage.
5. Cut the candy cane into equal lengths of 6 centimetres and curl the end into a hook. Leave the canes to dry and harden for an hour. Use the snowflake plunger cutters to cut some snowflakes out of white icing.
Top Tip . . .All icing decorations can be made in advance and left to dry and harden until you are ready to use them. Store them in a cardboard box as a plastic lidded box will make them sweat and become sticky.
6. Arrange your cupcakes into a tree shape and decorate as desired with the icing decorations. Top your tree with the star biscuit.