How to Make a Birthday Scrapbook Layout
It’s super easy to create a vibrant birthday scrapbook layout to celebrate a child’s birthday using bright neon washi tapes for a colourful border. Just follow this fantastic tutorial by Jo Boland, who shows us expertly how to create gorgeous washi tape effects, as well as photo mat borders!
You Will Need
Craft EssentialsHow to Make
- Gather your supplies; coloured cardstock, Dear Lizzy ‘Stay Colourful’ 6 x 6” paper pad, Hobbycraft Bright Neon Washi Tapes, Pebbles Hooray Phrase Chipboard Thickers, Hobbycraft Silver Foil Chunky Alphabet stickers, Hobbycraft White Letter Stickers, photos and adhesives.
- Place strips of bright neon washi tape along the top and bottom edges of the scrapbook page and trim away excess with scissors.
Top tip! The colourful bright neon washi tape looks amazing for against the coloured cardstock. Use this idea for birthday cards or invites, it’s a great cost effective way of creating colourful stationary!
- Trim a piece of coloured cardstock to fit the page and adhere with double sided tape to cover the ends of the washi tape.
- Create photo mats with papers from the Dear Lizzy ‘Stay Colorful’ 6 x 6” paper pad and coloured cardstock. Adhere to page with double sided tape.
- Add your title using the Pebbles ‘Hooray’ chipboard birthday phrases pack and Hobbycraft silver chipboard letter stickers. Add chipboard embellishments, such as these fab strips of bunting from the ‘Hooray’ pack and cut apart cards from the Dear Lizzy ‘Stay Colorful’ 6 x 6” paper pad.
- Type, print or handwrite your journaling on to white cardstock and trim into strips. These show up great against the coloured background.
- Add some letter stickers to the photos.