Keep your jewellery organised with this pretty holder. All you need are a few craft essentials and a twig from the garden to create this beautiful jewellery holder, perfect for adults and children alike!
How to Make Felt Bird Brooches
Suitable for: Beginners
Time to allow: 1.5 hours
You will need
- Felt sheets in your choice of colours
- Needle and cotton thread
- Tacky glue
- Downloadable template (see below)
How to make
1. Paint a twig with white paint and leave to dry. Bend a length of the wire into an arch about 20 centimetre in height and twist the ends around each end of the painted twig.
2. Bind the arch with the thin red-and-white spotted ribbon, sticking each end with glue to hold in place.
3. Glue one end of a 40 centimetre length of baby pink spotted ribbon to the middle of the twig. Bring the ribbon up to the top of the arch and stick in place, then make a loop and glue onto the other side. Trim neatly. Tie striped ribbon into bows on the hoop.
4. Use the templates (enlarged by 200 per cent) to cut out six leaves from green felt, sew together with blanket stitch and glue onto the frame.