How to Sew a Pear Tote Bag
Summer has finally arrived! – And that means hitting the streets, park or beach with some cute-looking arm candy. This simple pear tote bag is the perfect project if you’re new to sewing and need to get going quick-smart.
You Will NeedEssentials
How to Make
- An iron
- Cut fabric 40 cm x 90 cm, allowing for a contrasting coloured band at the top if desired. Press and hem the short sides.
- Fold in half right sides together and hem the sides.
- Cut two straps 48 cm x 6 cm. Fold in half length-ways right sides together, press and add a 1 cm hem along the long edge. Turn inside out.
- Tucking the raw end of the straps underneath, pin the straps in position on the bag and machine securely in place.
- Iron a rectangle of hemming web onto your chosen fabric following the pack instructions.
- Using the template, cut a pear shape and a leaf from the fabric and iron into position.
- Set your sewing machine to satin stitch and edge the pear and the leaf with pink thread.