How to Make Unicorn Slime
Follow this recipe to make your very own magical unicorn slime! Use food colouring to create pretty pastel shades, and marble together to create something incredible.
Extract from The Slime Workshop by Selina Zhang, published by Lark. Available online and in store at Hobbycraft.
- Pour the white PVA glue and lotion into a bowl. Using your stirring utensil, mix these ingredients together.
- Pour in the activator. Using your stirring utensil, mix the activator into the ingredients. Repeat this step until the slime pulls away from the bowl.
- Knead the mixture with either the stirring utensil or your hands.
- Divide the slime into four equal parts.
- Pour the blue coloring ingredient on one quarter of the slime, pink on the second quarter of slime, yellow on the third quarter of slime, and purple on the last quarter of slime.
- Knead each color of slime separately Using your stirring utensil to fully mix in the color.
- Swirl all four colors together to create a marbled effect. (See the variation below for details on how to create marbled slime.)
- (Optional) Place the marbled slime in a bowl and sprinkle glitter onto the slime. Add as much glitter as you want, but make sure to not put more than 1 ounces of glitter for every 3 ounces of slime or the glitter may fall out.
- Enjoy your slime and remember to store it in an airtight container when you’re finished.
How to Marble Your Slime:
To make marbled slime, hold all the different colored slime in one hand, stretch the slimes, fold them, and repeat until you’re satisfied with the marble effect.