How to Make Three Winter Woodland Seasonal Cards
Take a walk through our Winter Woodland collection, and add a touch of tradition to your seasonal cards. You can enjoy the traditional colours of Christmas with red, green and gold designs that are inspired by festive foliage and woodland animals.
How to Make a Poinsettia Wreath Card
1. Trim a square card blank to 13.5cm square then cover the front with wood-effect paper.
2. Use a pair of compasses or a circle die, to draw a circle on the card front with a pencil.
3. Attach a Winter Woodland Sentiment Sticker on to a strip of green cardstock then trim a pennant in each end and attach to the centre of the circle.
4 Using the drawn circle as a guide, arrange Winter Woodland Poinsettia Paper Toppers around the sentiment to create a wreath. Once happy with the composition glue into place.
How to Make an Embossed Card
1 Trim an A6 kraft card blank down to 12.5cm x 9.5cm then round off the corners with a corner punch.
2. Trim a panel of green cardstock to 12cm x 9cm, place inside the Winter Woodland Pine Cone Embossing Folder and run through a die-cutting machine.
3. Remove the cardstock from the folder, round off the corners with a corner punch then attach to the card front.
4. Wrap Winter Woodland Tartan Washi Tape across the centre of the card front.
5. Fix a piece of white vellum behind a Winter Woodland Card Frame then attach centrally to the card front with foam pads.
6. Add a Winter Woodland Glitter Sentiment on the frame.
7. Using the Winter Woodland Stag Mini Die set, die-cut the stag from white card and the bow from red card. Adhere the bow to the stag then secure the whole die-cut to the bottom-right corner of the frame with foam pads.
How to Make a Heat Embossed Background Card
1 Trim a square card blank down to 12cm square and cover the front with pine cone patterned paper.
2. Cut a panel of cream cardstock to 10.5cm square.
3. Using a clear embossing stamp pad, stamp the Winter Woodland Stag & Hare Clear Stamp sporadically over the cream cardstock, sprinkle clear embossing powder over where you’ve stamped, then shake off the excess. Set the powder using a heat tool.
4. Wrap Winter Woodland Tartan Ribbon across the centre of the embossed cardstock then attach to the card front using double-sided tape.
5. Add a sentiment centrally to the card blank using papers from the patterned paper pad. Adhere the sentiment with foam pads to add a little bit of height.