How to Make Three Quick and Easy A Holly Jolly Christmas Cards
Mixing traditional colours with classic Christmas characters, the A Holly Jolly Christmas collection will be sure to add a whole heap of festive fun to your papercraft projects.
Featuring die-cut toppers, wooden embellishments and sentiments galore (to name but a few), there’s no end to the card designs that can be created, from super-simple topper cards perfect for beginners, to more complex designs such as box cards for seasoned papercrafters, everyone is catered for!
How to Make an Aperture Santa Card
1. Trim the height of a 5 x 7″ Square Aperture Card down to 16cm in height, place the trimmed strip to one side for later.
2. Trim a sheet of red premium cardstock to to the same size as the card blank and adhere with double-sided tape. Cut a sheet of patterned A Holly Jolly Christmas paper to 12cm x 15cm. Secure centrally on top of the red cardstock.
3. Open up, and lay the card blank down flat on top of a craft mat so that is is face down. Use a metal ruler and craft knife to trim around the square aperture and remove it.
4. Attach a A Holly Jolly Christmas Santa Printed Die-cut Topper inside the aperture with foam pads.
5. Take the cut strip from step one and cut in half along the score line, then snip both ends into a ‘V’ shape to create a fishtail banner. Attach a gold glitter sentiment sticker centrally to the banner, then secure centrally underneath the aperture.
How to Make a Die-cut Robin Card
1. Trim a white card blank and a sheet of white cardstock down to 14.5cm x 10cm.
2. Place the white cardstock into the A Holly Jolly Christmas Snow Embossing Folder and run through a die-cutting machine. Once embossed, attach the sheet to the card blank front.
3. With the card blank in a landscape orientation, secure five A Holly Jolly Christmas Glitter Tree Toppers across the bottom of the card, adding foam pads to the back of two of the trees to create depth.
4. Stick A Holly Jolly Christmas Glitter Sentiment to the top of the card.
5. To complete the design, use the A Holly Jolly Christmas Robin Mini Die to die-cut a robin from coloured cardstock, paper-piece the design together with a glue pen before attaching it to the bottom of the card with foam pads.
How to make a Reindeer Topper Wreath Card
- 5 x 7″ White Cards & Envelopes »
- A Holly Jolly Christmas 6 x 6” Paper Pack »
- A Holly Jolly Christmas Reindeer Printed Die-cut Toppers »
- A Holly Jolly Christmas Red Glitter Sentiments »
- A Holly Jolly Christmas Mini Jingle Bells »
- A Holly Jolly Christmas Wreath Felt Toppers »
- Craft Essentials A4 White Parchment »
1. Cut a 5 x 7″ white card blank down to 12.5cm square along with a sheet of red premium cardstock.
2. Trim a sheet of patterned paper from the 6 x 6″ A Holly Jolly Christmas Pad down to 12cm square, then layer on top of the red cardstock.
3. Take a sheet of white vellum down to 10cm square then attach centrally to the card front.
4. Hand-sew A Holly Jolly Christmas Mini Bells across a A Holly Jolly Christmas Wreath Felt Topper then attach to the centre of the parchment.
5. Adhere a A Holly Jolly Christmas Reindeer Die-cut topper to the centre of the wreath.
6. To complete the design, secure a A Holly Jolly Christmas Glitter Sentiment centrally underneath the wreath.