How to Make a Spring Biscuit Centerpiece
Create this glorious, springtime wreath biscuit centerpiece using a simple biscuit dough recipe and meringue buttercream piping. Sandwich the layers of biscuit together to create something quite spectacular! Perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or a springtime picnic!
200g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
400g plain flour
1tsp vanilla extract
4 egg whites
225g caster sugar
330g unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix in well. Fold in the flour. Cover with clingfilm and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out the biscuit dough on a piece of baking paper to 2-3mm thick. Cut out 2 large hearts shapes with a small heart shape cut from the centre using a template. Remove the excess dough and place the heart onto a baking tray and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes, turn the biscuit around and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the edges have turned golden brown.
4. Allow to cool on a rack.
1. Heat the egg whites and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot and steaming (approx. 80°C)
2. Pour into an electric mixer with a whisk attachment fitted and whip for 5minutes until voluminous, white, and holding its shape.
3. Slowly add the butter, incorporating fully between each batch. Stir in the vanilla extract, set aside.
4. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
To Assemble and Decorate
1. Place the first biscuit onto a board and pipe meringue buttercream evenly across the surface in small bulbs.
2. Place the second biscuit on top and gently push down a little. Pipe the second biscuit in the same way as the first.
3. Place the macarons, flowers and fruit in clusters around the heart shape
4. Place Cake Art cut into heart shapes amongst the decorations to give height and colour.
5. Sprinkle with raspberry fudge and mini meringues from the Cake Angels Sweetie Pie jar.