How to Make Slime
Always wanted to make slime but not quite sure how to get there? Follow this super simple recipe and experiment with your own colours and embellishments to make the slime of your dreams – perfect for Halloween!
1. Begin by filling your jar approximately 1/4 full of PVA glue.
2. Top up with about 1/8 jar of water (you want half as much water as glue, or slightly less).
3. Use a lollipop stick to mix until the water is completely incorporated into the glue.
4. Add your colours and embellishments! Squeeze in some paint, and mix until you reach your desired colour – it doesn’t matter how much paint you add. At this point, you can also mix in any embellishments you want to add such as glitter or sequins – you could even try googly eyes for halloween!
5. Take your contact lense solution and add approximately 2 tablespoons to your glue mix, stirring thoroughly. You should feel the mixture thicken ever so slightly at this point as you mix, but it will look quite runny still.
6. Now for the magic! Add approximately 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, and mix quickly and thoroughly! After a few minutes, it will start to thicken and begin coming away from the sides of the jar. When it starts to come away cleanly from the sides of the top half of the jar, it’s time to get your hands in there…
If your slime is not coming together, add a little more bicarbonate of soda.
7. Pour the slime out into your hands or on a wipe-clean work surface. Use your hands to manipulate and massage the slime – the more you work it, the less sticky it becomes and more it sticks to itself. It is ready when it no longer sticks all over your fingers.
If your slime is still a bit too sticky and won’t stop sticking all over your hands, add a little more contact lense solution and massage again.