How to Make Shortbread for Father’s Day
Shortbread is a good bake to start with if your new to the world of baking, you don’t need a lot of ingredients or equipment to make something that both tastes and looks delicious!
Whenever Father’s day comes around I’m always in the kitchen baking, and I always like to beautifully package whatever I bake, jars are great as they can be used afterwards for storing other items.
- 130 grams butter
- 55 grams caster sugar
- 180 grams plain flour + extra for dusting
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams cranberries (although you can add more if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the plain flour and vanilla extract and combine until you have a soft dough.
- Add in your cranberries and mix into the dough using your hands, until the cranberries are completely incorporated in to the dough mixture.
- Turn out the shortbread dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin to a thickness of roughly one centimetre.
- Lightly grease, or line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Using your cookie cutter of choice, cut out the shortbread dough and place on the tray.
- Once you have cut out all of your dough sprinkle caster sugar over the shortbread and pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Package beautifully in a glass jar with twines, ribbons and a greeting tag.