How to Make a Royal Wedding Cake Pop Bouquet
Cake pops are fantastic decoration at any occasion, and due to their shape work perfectly as edible florals! Follow this tutorial by Fiddes Payne to find out how you can create a bouquet fit for royalty – perfect for your Royal Wedding celebrations this May! Use Cake Angels edible decorations for an added wow-factor.
To make Madeira Cake – makes 25 cake pops (or buy ready made from store)
110g butter or margarine
110g caster sugar
2 tbsps golden syrup
175g self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract »
125g Blue Candy Melts »
125g Pink Candy Melts »
125g White Candy Melts »
Cake Pop Mould » (or you can mould with your hands)
Madeira cake (or buy ready make from store)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add in syrup and eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Add in vanilla extract.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder then fold into mixture.
5. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 180°C until risen and golden brown.
To Assemble and Decorate:
1. Allow the cake to cool completely.
2. In a bowl, crumble the madeira cake with your fingers.
3. Add chocolate icing / frosting into the bowl and mix together with a spatula.
4. Use cake pop scissors to portion and mould the madeira cake or use a teaspoon to portion and roll between your hands into balls. You can also use a silicone cake pop mould.
5. Place a stick in the centre of every cake ball ensuring they are stable. Then chill in fridge.
6. Heat the candy melts as instructed on the packet then leave to cool but not set.
7. Dip the cake pops into the coloured candy melts to cover the sponge.
8. Decorate with Cake Angels sprinkles, and drizzle and dot melted candy melts onto the cake pops.