How to Make Pyrography Coat Hangers
Say something special to your loved one every day, by writing a fun little message that will make them smile on some coat hangers! You can use a pyrography tool to burn a design into any wooden hanger, and make them think of you when they look at their clothes in the morning!
Tutorial by Rachel Richardson.
1. Measure the hangers, when you create a design allow 8mm minimum around the edge to ensure it fits. The font shown is Bite_Bullet, you can find free fonts available with a quick internet search.
2. Once you have your chosen words, print onto tracing paper and tape onto the hanger. Use the embossing tool to etch the words into the wood, then go over with the pencil.
Top Tip!…Tracing paper is thicker than copier paper and will not tear easily.
3. While allowing the pyrography tool to heat up for approximately five minutes, you can prepare the remaining hangers.
4. Begin to burn the design into the wood, following your tracing. For best results use a fine pyroghraphy tip.
Top Tip!…As you burn you will notice some build up on the tip, rub the tip onto the back of an old tea strainer to remove it.
5. You can use a sharp scalpel to gently scratch away mistakes or scorch marks.