How to Make Pastel Slime Eggs
Roll up your sleeves and make these super fun pastel, slime-filled eggs for an alternative take on the classic Easter egg. It’s so easy to make your own slime, with only a few special ingredients and a bit of elbow grease! We’ve popped dinosaurs in ours – what else could you fill the eggs with?
Contact Lense Solution (must contain Boric Acid or Borax)
Embellishments » (optional)
Dinosaurs » (optional)
1. Begin by filling your jar approximately 1/4 full of PVA glue.
2. Top up with about 1/8 jar of water (you want half as much water as glue, or slightly less).
3. Use a spoon or lollipop stick to mix until the water is completely incorporated into the glue.
4. Add your pastel coloured paint and embellishments! Squeeze in some of the paint, and mix until you reach your desired colour – it doesn’t matter how much paint you add. At this point, you can also mix in any embellishments you want to add such as glitter, sequins, or polystyrene balls!
5. Take your contact lense solution and add approximately 2 tablespoons to your glue mix, stirring thoroughly. You should feel the mixture thicken ever so slightly at this point as you mix, but it will look quite runny still.
6. Add approximately 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, and mix quickly and thoroughly! After a few minutes, it will start to thicken and begin coming away from the sides of the jar. When it starts to come away cleanly from the sides of the top half of the jar, it’s ready!
7. Pour the slime out into your hands or on a wipe-clean work surface. Use your hands to manipulate and massage the slime – the more you work it, the less sticky it becomes and more it sticks to itself. It is ready when it no longer sticks all over your fingers.
8. Pop the slime into the fillable easter eggs and fill with mini plastic dinosaurs for an alternative take on the Easter egg!