How to Make Painted Ceramic Baubles
It doesn’t take very much to make your own Christmas decorations – these chic painted ceramic baubles are so easy, all you need is a selection of paint and some masking tape. Match your paints to your own colour palette for ultimate adaptability!
1. Place a strip of masking tape around the curved edge of the bauble making sure to keep the tape straight as best you can. Add another strip approximately 1cm along to create your first ‘segment’. 2. Take your first choice of colour and apply two coats of paint. Leave each application to dry before applying the next. Leave to dry.
Top Tip! To speed up the drying process use a hair dryer.
3. Carefully remove the masking tape and continue marking off ‘segments’ and painting them until you end up back at the beginning.
Top Tip! A thin paintbrush and a steady hand are key. Try resting the bauble on a reel of tape to help keep it balanced.
Polka dot design
1. Paint the ceramic bauble with your chosen base coat of acrylic paint. Leave to dry and then apply one more coat.
2. Dip the flat rubber end of a pencil into acrylic paint and use it as a stamp to create polka dots.
3. Leave to dry.
1. Paint the ceramic bauble with your chosen metallic paint. Leave to dry and then apply one more coat. 2. Once dry, thread jute twine through the hole at the top of the bauble and hang in pride of place on your Christmas tree.