How to Make Origami Vase Sleeves
With the help of this tutorial, you’ll learn how to make three elegant origami vase sleeves using the gorgeous Ombre Array 12 x 12″ paper pad. In just a few steps you’ll be able to create a contemporary container to display your flowers and house plants in pride of place.
Top paper folding tips!
- Test your origami skills on a scrap piece of paper first so you can practice how to create the folds before starting on the final thing.
- The templates for the vase sleeves can be easily adjusted to suit your container, simply extend the height of your paper.
1. Either print or draw out the template for the red origami vase onto the back of the Ombre Array paper.
2. Using the back edge of your craft knife, lightly score each vertical and diagonal line.
3. Turn the paper over so that the coloured side is showing, start folding the vertical scores lines away from you.
4. Flatten out and then turn over so the coloured side is facing down, continue to crease the diagonal lines away from you, gradually revealing the coloured side of the cardstock.
5. Turn the piece if card over again and start pinching in the small triangles along the sides, this will in turn start to create an accordion effect.
6. Press the paper together (don’t worry if the two ends don’t line up exactly).
7. Repeat steps one to six to create the second half of your vase.
8. Open out the paper and dab glue on to the first of the two concertinaed panels.
9. Attach the second half of your vase to the glued area and repeat on the other end to form a circular vase. Use sticky tape to doubly secure the vase together on the inside while the glue sets.
10. Place over a glass jar to create your finished origami vase.
1. Transfer the template onto the back of your paper as before, and score each line with your craft knife.
2. Concertina fold your paper along the vertical score lines and flatten out. Lightly crease the centre zigzag lines away from you with the coloured side of the paper facing up. Once complete, lightly pinch each section together.
3. Create a second panel in exactly the same way as the first. Once complete, Attach the two panels of the vase together with double-sided tape.
4. To finish, apply a glue along one on the long edges attach to the opposite end of the paper.
5. Place over a glass jar to create your finished origami vase.
1. Transfer the downloadable template onto the back of your paper as before and score each line with your craft knife.
2. Concertina fold your paper and lightly crease the top and bottom triangular lines.
3. Pinch the triangular sections inwards with the uncoloured side facing you, then fully press the paper together to give each crease a sharp edge.
4. Create a second panel exactly the same as the first to create the remaining half of the vase. Attache both panels together using stick tape on the inside.
5. To finish, apply a strip of glue on the first concertina and attach to the opposite end of the paper.
6. Place the finished origami vase over a glass jar.