How to Make New Baby Notelets
Add a touch of Spring to your papercraft projects with the gorgeous new Hey Baby collection from First Edition. If you love super-cute animal designs then you’re in luck, as they’re in abundance here!
We’ve used the 6 x 6″ Hey Baby paper pad, along with a few craft stash essentials, to create our small-but-perfectly-formed notelets. These charming patterns will also work a treat on scrapbook layouts, wall art and even mixed media projects!
“New Baby” Tile Card
- Cover the front of a 5″ square card blank with a sheet of bunting paper cut to the same size. Round each of the card’s four corners with a craft punch.
2. Trim a sheet of orange card to 5″ square, on the reverse of the card mark a 2cm border along each edge. Cut out the central aperture with a craft knife.
3. Apply two stacked layers of foam pads to the reverse of the frame before securing centrally to the front of the card blank, making sure to line up the edges as you do this.
4. Add the “New Baby” greeting to the centre of the aperture, along with some fussy-cut embellishments from the Hey Baby paper pad tied to the left-hand side of the card.
Bundle of Joy Notelet
- Trim a 5″ square card blank to 9 (W) x 10.5cm (H), round each of the corners with a palm punch.
2. Mount a rectangular piece of patterned paper measuring 8.5 x 10cm, round the corners once more, then apply to the front of the card blank with foam pads.
3. Use a 1″ circular palm punch to cut out the circular designs from the Hey Baby 6 x 6″ paper pad. Apply to the front of the card with foam pads.
4. Add a 1.5cm strip of turquoise cardstock to the bottom of the notelet, then add the ‘Bundle of Joy’ greeting centrally on top using foam pads once more.