How to Make Love Heart Biscuits
Bake these delicious looking love heart cookies for a special someone with help from Renshaw White Icing and a heart cookie cutter. Add a sprinkling of edible gold dust for an extra delight!
125 g butter or margarine
55 g caster sugar
180 g plain flour – sieved
Rainbow Dust ProJel » – in a colour of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until nice and smooth then gradually stir in the plain flour to form a smooth paste.
- Wrap the shortbread in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the shortbread on a work surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Using heart shaped cutters cut out the hearts shapes and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pale-golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Lightly brush the tops of the heart biscuits with apricot jam.
- Knead and roll out the White Ready to Roll Icing on a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Cut out heart shapes using the same heart cutters used to make the shortbread biscuits.
- Place the icing hearts on top of the biscuits.
- Write a personalised message using alphabet cutters.
- Place ProJel into a bowl and add water until you get the colour you like and dip paint brush and flick on biscuits.