How to Make Halloween Slime
Halloween is the perfect occasion to get slimy! Follow this super simple recipe and embellish using coloured paints and gruesome embellishments. Why not fill a brain mould, creating the perfect interactive Halloween display?
1. Begin by filling your jar with PVA – however much slime you’d like to create.
2. Add your colours and embellishments! Squeeze in some paint, and mix until you reach your desired colour. At this point, you can also mix in any embellishments you want to add such as polystyrene filling, googly eyes, or skull beads.
3. Take the Elmer’s solution and add in the correct amount in relation to the amount of glue used – there are guidelines on the side of the bottle. Stir into the glue and you should now feel the mixture thicken.
4. After a while, it will start to thicken and begin coming away from the sides of the jar. When it starts to come away cleanly from the sides of the top half of the jar, it’s time to get your hands in there!
5. Pour the slime out into your hands or on a wipe-clean work surface. Use your hands to manipulate and massage the slime – the more you work it, the less sticky it becomes and more it sticks to itself. It is ready when it no longer sticks all over your fingers.
Top Tip! If your slime is still a bit too sticky and won’t stop sticking all over your hands, add a little more Elmer’s solution and massage again.