How to Make Halloween Cauldron Doughnuts
Serve all your Halloween ghosts their own witches’ brew with these yummy bubbling cauldron doughnuts! Start with fresh doughnuts baked in our doughnut pan. Add eerie Candy Melts candy, with mini chocolates boiling over the top and a stirring stick!
For the Baked Cake Doughnuts
- 260g self raising flour, sifted
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder »
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 bag of Green Candy Melts »
- Candy-coated chocolates or jelly beans
- Thin chocolate sticks or pretzel sticks
1. Bake your doughnuts. Preheat oven to 215°c. Coat doughnut pan with Wilton Cake Release using a pastry brush.
2. In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add milk, eggs and butter. Beat until just combined. Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full.
3. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the tops of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
4. Place doughnuts on cooling grid over parchment-covered board. Melt green Candy Melts in a disposable piping bag in the microwave.
5. Use melted green candy in cut decorating bag to cover top of doughnuts and dripping down sides. Tap to smooth and remove excess candy. Chill until firm, about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Decorate doughnuts. Position the green coated chocolate drop (smarties) or jelly beans if you prefer over the doughnuts for bubbles, and insert a chocolate stick as stirring stick.
7. Use an orange cupcake case to cut out ‘flames’ for underneath the doughnut – this makes then easier to serve and hold whilst eating!