How to Make Halloween Biscuits
Make a selection of impressive Halloween biscuits using the simple recipe below, perfect for your Halloween party or as treats for your trick or treaters! Decorate with a choice of our huge range of edible decorations and sprinkles.
360g plain flour
250g unsalted butter, softened
110g white granulated sugar
½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract »
½ teaspoon Wilton Almond Extract »
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix flour, vanilla extract and almond extract; add to butter mixture 125g at a time, mixing after each addition.
3. Roll out the dough to about 1cm thick on a floured surface and cut out using the Halloween cutters.
4. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 mins or until turning pale golden-brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Knead the icing colours until pliable then roll out on a surface dusted with icing sugar until approx 0.5cm thick. Cut out the amount you’ll need to cover all biscuits in relevant colours and shapes using the cookie cutters.
7. Using the white royal icing, spread a thin layer over the top of the centre of the cookies then place a cut out of rolled icing on top. The royal icing will adhere the rolled icing to the biscuit. Repeat for all the biscuits and allow to dry.
8. Decorate the biscuits using relevant decorations – use the image below as a guide, or get creative making your own designs!