How to Make Halloween Biscuits
Make a selection of impressive Halloween biscuits using the simple recipe below, perfect for your Halloween party or as treats for your trick or treaters! Decorate with a choice of our huge range of edible decorations and sprinkles.
350g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
115g unsalted butter, softened
300g white granulated sugar
1 large free range egg
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract »
½ teaspoon Wilton Almond Extract »
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 100g at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
3. Roll out the cookie dough to about 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface and cut out using the skull cutter.
4. Place on a baking sheet and cook for approx 8-10 mins or until turning very light brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Knead the icing colours until pliable then roll out on a surface dusted with icing sugar until approx 1/8 inch thick. Cut out the amount you’ll need to cover all biscuits in relevant colours and shapes using the cookie cutters.
7. Using the white royal icing, spread a thin layer over the top of the centre of the cookies then place a cut out of rolled icing on top. The royal icing will adhere the rolled icing to the biscuit. Repeat for all the biscuits and allow to dry.
8. Decorate the biscuits using relevant decorations – use the image below as a guide, or get creative making your own designs!