How to Make Galaxy Doughnuts
Make yummy treats that are out of this world, with this Wilton recipe for some trendy galaxy doughnuts! Mixing the hype for galaxy effect with the popularity of mirror glaze, these are sure to be a hit the next time you’ve got people over!
For the doughnuts
- 260g self raising flour, sifted
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cake release »
For the galaxy glaze
- Wilton Color Right Colouring System »
- 260g Icing Sugar
- 60ml plus 3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray doughnut pan with Cake Release.
2. In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add milk, eggs and butter. Beat until just combined. Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full.
3. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the tops of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
4. Prepare the glaze. Combine icing sugar and milk; stir until smooth.
5. Add one drop blue base color and 1 drop pink base color. Using toothpick, swirl colors together, being careful not to over mix.
6. Position cooling grid over parchment paper. Dip top of doughnuts into glaze, shaking off excess icing. Place on cooling grid. Add more color as needed to continue creating marbled effect. Let doughnuts dry 20 to 30 minutes.