How to Make Foiled Wall Art
Every now and again, we all need a bit of encouragement, motivation or inspiration. So why not decorate your walls with it and have a daily reminder to make the most of your day? The First Edition foiling machine adds some metallic flair to this easy project, and is great fun to use!
Project with thanks to First Edition.
How to Make
1. First of all, pick a quote that you would like to frame. Google images or websites like Pinterest are a great source of mottos, inspiring sayings and life advice. We have picked ‘The only way to do great work is to love what you do’.
2. You can then create your design on photo editing software such as Photoshop or use a word document. Your design must be entirely black to ensure the metallic foil transfers completely. Once you are happy with your design, print it onto the white card using a laser printer.
3. Cut the First Edition silver foil to 14.5cm x 15cm to cover your design and lay the foil on top of the design. Add a piece of white A4 paper onto of the foil so there is no foil visible.
4. Preheat the First Edition Foil Applicator Machine, when ready; pass your design through the machine. Once the whole design has gone through the machine, you can remove the A4 paper and peel the foil off to reveal the metallic foiled design.
5. To decorate the card, we have added sequins around the text in a scattered effect. With a paint brush, add a tiny bit of craft glue to back of the each sequin and stick to the card, this will ensure glue does not ooze around the centre or edges of the sequin.
6. Remove the chipboard backing from your frame and cover the inside of the square with 12” x 12” patterned paper. We have picked the pastel teal feather paper from the First Edition Paper Flowers paper pad and used double sided tape to stick it to the chipboard. Stick the foiled card design to the centre of the card, leaving a 0.3cm space at the top and bottom of the pattern paper. Place the chipboard back into the frame and secure in place.