How to Make Flower Gallery Cupcakes
Transform a plain batch of cupcakes into a vivid bouquet using favourite Wilton flower-making techniques. The colours burst to life when you tint icing in spectacular spring shades using the Wilton range of icing colours.
As demonstrated at The Handmade Fair by Wilton!
- Your favourite Cupcake Recipe to make 20-24 cupcakes
- 2kg Wilton Ready to Use Decorators Icing » or buttercream
- Colour Right Performance System » (see colours Below)
- Wilton Icing Gel Colours, Violet, Rose Pink and Orange »
1. Bake and cool cupcakes – see recipe below.
2. Tint Icing. Tint icing orange, pink and purple. Use Colour Right base colours and QuickCount colour formulas to tint icing in the following shades:
Spring Pink (formula 224): 2 cups icing + 1 BK + 23 P
Spring Purple (formula 252): 2 cups icing + 1 B + 15 P
OR Use Wilton Icing Colour Gels, Violet, Orange and Rose Pink
3. Decorate Cupcakes.For pink 5-layer ruffled flower: Use tip 104, a disposable decorating bag and pink icing to pipe spiralling layers of ruffles, starting at edge of cupcake.
4. For pink ribbon rose: Use tip 104, wide end down, and pink icing to pipe a ribbon rose from centre to edge of cupcake.
5. For orange ridged petal flower: Use tip 104 and orange icing to pipe a tri-level rosebud.
6. For purple winding flower: Use tip 104, wide end down, and purple icing to pipe cornelli lace on cupcake top.
7. For purple rose bouquet: Use tip 104, flower nail and purple icing to pipe seven ribbon roses for each cupcake with three rows of petals. Position one rose in centre of cupcake and six roses around centre.
8. For multi-coloured flowers. Use tip 104, narrow end up for pointed petal flowers, wide end up for rounded petal flowers. Pipe two upright petals, side by side. Alternate colours as you cover cupcake.
9. For orange curved petal flower. Use tip 104 and orange icing to pipe three layers of petals.