How to Make Fimo Fridge Magnets
How cute are these Fimo fridge magnets? I just love making things with kids, whether with a friend’s children or a young family member – we always have fun making these together. Plus, you can use whichever colours you like; you don’t have to stick to traditional!
Suitable for : Beginners
Time to make : 20 minutes each plus baking and drying time
For the Ladybird
- Roll a ball of red Fimo and mould into an oval shape. Roll a smaller ball of black Fimo for the head, and press onto one end of the red body.
- Add a small strip of black to the middle of the body, followed by tiny black spots either side. Place the eyes on the head.
For the Bumblebee
- Roll a ball of yellow Fimo and mould into an oval shape.
- Add a couple of yellow wings either side of the body, followed by thin black stripes. Place the eyes and nose on the head.
For the Butterfly
- Roll a lilac sausage shape for the butterfly?s body and flatten slightly. Roll four pink balls for the wings, and attach them to either side of the body, again flattening.
- Add four turquoise and four green spots to the wings and three small green spots to the body.
- Place black eyes on the butterfly?s head and finish with two green feelers.
For the Dragonfly
- Roll two small balls of lilac Fimo and two of turquoise and press together for the body.Add a larger ball for the head.
- Roll four lilac balls and mould into oval shapes. Press them either side of the body to form the wings.
- Add smaller turquoise ovals to the wings, then add eyes to the head.
- Transfer the Fimo bugs to an oven and bake at 110 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before coating with gloss varnish.
- Cut and stick a small piece of magnet to the back of each bug.