How to Make Fillable Baubles and Decorations
Fillable baubles are so fun and quick to make, offering endless possible combinations that enable you to create a modern set of decorations for your tree and around your home! Browse the inspirational imagery and tips below, and take a look at the huge range of fillable bauble products available online and in store at Hobbycraft!
1. Choose the shape and quantity of baubles you’d like to create. Will they have a theme? Will they be identical? Pick and chose your fillable items from our huge range online or in store at Hobbycraft!
2. To create a plastic bauble, open the bauble at the join. If you want the figure to be upright, you’ll need to ensure that it is sitting directly underneath the tie for the string, and halfway over the join so that when closed it is completely central.
3. To create a glass bauble, glue the figure directly beneath the tie for the string.
4. Fill the surrounding bauble with artificial snow, glitter, styrofoam balls or wadding. For the plastic bauble, fill one side, screw the other side of the bauble on and then shake so that the filling falls down to the bottom of the bauble. For the glass baubles, fill and be careful not to tip the bauble so that the filling doesn’t fall out.
5. Choose a twine or ribbon to further decorate and personalise your baubles.