How to Make Duck Tape® String Flowers
Duck Tape® is a brilliantly versatile crafting item! Allow your imagination to run riot with the huge Duck Tape® range available online and in store at Hobbycraft. Take a look at the project below, that shows you how to make easy floral decorations using a range of tapes. Which patterns would you choose?Download Project as a PDF
1. Make a double sided strip of tape that is 3 in. long.
2. Cut your square into a pentagon shape.
3. Fold the piece from step 2 into 4 sections.
4. With your craft knife, cut a slit at the bottom of the fold so it cuts through all 4 of your folds. The black lines show where the slits should be.
5. Tie a knot at one end of your string that is big enough to not poke through the slits you made in step 4.
6. Run your string through the 4 slits.
7. Pull your string so the knot is on the left side of your first petal.
8. Make a total of 6 petals and repeat step 6-7 to add the rest of the petals on your string.
9. Once all of your petals are attached, pull the end of your string tightly.
10. While pulling your petals tightly together, cut the excess string so there is only a tiny piece of string left.
11. Tape this piece down to the back of your flower.
12. Repeat these steps to make other flowers.
We’re always keen to see your crafts, and if you share your makes with us on Instagram using #Hobbycraft, you will be in with the chance of winning a £100 voucher each month! T&C’s apply.